9.12.2008

Otta get fired, redux...



Ok - so this one is a little better; I actually chuckled a couple of times, and the ad's content sort of connects with the concept (get it - connects - ha ha).

But it still seems to communicate to me that Microsoft (Gates and, by association, Seinfeld) have to work hard to connect with real people, don't do that very effectively, and have set their sights on unrealistic goals (i.e. goldfish with email and an amobea with a website). It tells me nothing about what Microsoft does or doesn't do, why I should buy Windows instead of their competition (read Apple computers) or even what product(s) Microsoft is trying to sell. It seems to be aimed strictly at brand recognition and customer loyalty: "we're clever enough, cool enough and rich enough to hire Jerry Seinfeld, so stay with us and don't believe all of those things Apple (or anyone else) is saying about Vista."

I don't know; it's still not working for me... now maybe Simon Cowell and Ryan Seacrest arguing about how good Vista is (Cowell: "It's like a really bad Kareeokee performance on a cruise ship!"; Seacrest: "How can you say that? That doesn't even make any sense!"; voiceover: "Windows Vista - not as bad as you think!")
Has more appeal to me than the current campaign. But remember - you heard the idea here first!

1 comment: